Saturday, January 5, 2008


I am back....happily blogging again.....i would like to apologise to all of them who ever came to my blog expecting a new post but dint find any... may be its this attention seeking nature that made me feel that i should not blog if there is no one who is reading...but thats not the truth...if there is 1 person who is reading its more than enough...well i hav realised that the problem lies when we all expect....expect praise and appreciation at every juncture and we forget the love and care once we had recieved....
lemme start with this small incident that happened with me on 31st night, 07 at around 11:36 or something... there is a girl called Asha, she is a street child who lives near baskin and robins at churchgate and she sells flowers at the signal, before 3 years or more, me and my friends used to spent most of our time near the chaiwala who sat near baskin and robins and i often played with Asha and her younger sister Komal, once i randomly asked Asha, do you study? she said" nahi didi, aap padhaoge?"
i replied," kyu nahi, tum roz padhogi?
- "haan"
-"mein kitabein laa du?"
-"haan, kal kab aaoge aap?"
and then i started teaching her, i would just go and teach her whenevr i had time, i taught her the basics, tried teaching her verbal english and hindi and she used to enjoy studyin so much, i clearly remember that she told me once that some lady had promised her that she would teach her and she was from some sanstha but she never came back and she would thank me almost evryday, then once i asked her to act in our short film and she worked so well....after some days the chai wala left and the whole place where we sat was renovated and a big showroom was made there, we stopped sitting there and eventually i stopped teaching Asha.
on the 31st i suddenly saw Asha after 2 years, she was selling flowers near pizzeria and we were waiting there for dinner and she suddenly came upto me and said,"didi le lo na", and i turned around and she said," hello didi, maine aapko pehchana hi nahi, yeh aap ke liye, happy new year, thank you", and she gave me a flower and ran away... she made the year 07 so very special for me, she made me feel so special and she turned out to be my teacher... her eyes just thanked me, they did not tell me that why did you not teach me all? why did u disappear the way that lady had? why did you give me false promises? but those little eyes just twinkled and trust me i am not just adding adjectives but they really twinkled and said thank you. i was touched by her gesture, she taught me that i often fail to appreciate what some one had once done for me, that i often fail to thank people for their love and care and just keep on expecting more and more, i forget to do my duty to always return the affection with little gestures, Asha is not my student, she is my teacher....she is not poor, she is more superior to me, she knows how to love and that too unconditionally, she has the heart to appreciate and she is much more postive then you and me....she is the one who made me take a resolution that i must go and teach her till she is satisfied.... thanks to you Asha...hope you all the luck in life...god bless

1 comment:

Tejeshwar said...

It's great to see you back. Was eagerly awaiting updates from your side. Apology accepted.:B

Human nature is a personality of expectations, aspirations... aren't we all the same?! Wonder if you read my personal section in Orkut...

It was really heartwarming and motivating to hear about the good work you did with Asha. I sincerely hope and pray that you shall continue to support her and maybe others like her. You can always count on me for a partner in such nobel endeavours.

I have by now begin to admire your lucid pattern of writing!

Update soon.:)