Monday, September 15, 2008

With all pride I must say, CHUTIYA JIGNESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
One fine day Jignesh (name changed) came to my dressing room to say hello. I was resting at that particular time. I had a word with him on phone twice before I met him. He was the scheduler for the show. As Jignesh is atypical Gujju name I inquired if he was a Gujrati. He was astonished to learn that I was a Gujju myself, as he always thought I looked like a Punjabi. May be he was honest on that note as I was playing a Punjabi character in the show, and they must have chosen me on those lines. He was all excited to meet a Gujju on set and so with all excitement took a seat to have a small conversation. Mean while when we were chatting he asked me about my birth date. Without thinking once I said, “3rd October.” He further inquired, “Which year, 1980?”; “1987”, I said. I thought he wanted to know my age. But just for proper clarity I questioned that why was he eager to know my birth date. He said he was an astrologer. He asked me to give my birth timing also. I feel very curious and amazingly heated up and love to discuss about my future, past, horoscope, kundli etc. I asked him if I could give my friend’s date and time, and if he could answer some of the questions regarding his career. He said okay and then asked me to get my kundli the next day. I did not carry it. To my astonishment, jignesh entered my vanity room with a small paper in his hand. My makeup man was busy doing my make up but I could see the paper in his hand from the mirror. I looked at that paper keenly, it was my kundli. I was shocked and asked myself, that why would a person take so much efforts to actually print my kundli, he must be so passionate and excited about it. I greeted him and asked him to sit.
Jignesh must be around 40- 45 years of age. He has white hair but with the help of mehendi he has made them golden-ish brown. He has a small tummy bulging out, but he is not over weight. U can say that he is ugly as there are no features that might attract you. He claims to be a writer and wants to be a director. Once u look at jignesh, it would not take u more than 2 seconds to recognise he is a gujrati.
My make up man and my costume designer took around 20 minutes to finish their work, but jignesh waited. I told him sorry to make him wait for so long. He said it was alright.
“Tell me what you want to know?” he asked,
“My career” I said
-“You can be a good writer; you can make a stand in any creative field. But as regards with acting, u will always get comedy to do and u will get fame only for such characters. You might be a better actor when it comes to serious roles, but you will never work in that genre. “
-“okay”
-“what else do you want to know?”
-“hmmm! nothing much. You tell me whatever you think is worth telling me. Ok tell me about my marriage”
I committed a big mistake by asking him this question. He said you will have good marriage in the beginning but later you might have problems because you will have extra marital affairs. I was shocked to hear that; but I did not react. He went further and said that I am very sexual and have hidden sexual urges and my sex drive is too very strong. The very next question he asked me was, “are you a virgin.” I couldn’t believe my ears that he had the guts to ask me that. I took a deep breath and said in a typical manner, “what type of a question is that, of course I am a virgin.” He shocked me even further and said in a casual manner, “don’t tell me at 22 you are still a virgin.” After reading my ‘what the fuck’ expressions he said, “Okay, u might be a virgin and u might not be feeling to very positive about sex and things related to it but your views will surely change. U will realise that sex is a necessity and everybody needs it. You will have extra marital affairs just for sex. Like a stupid girl I tried to defend myself telling him that I am not that kind of a girl and I was very strong with what I felt. The answer to that was the most shocking. He said that even he felt the same, but after entering the industry he realised that after working for hours you need some sex and having sex with the same partner is boring and hence you need a change. He even said that his wife was okay with it and they share a great relationship.
But this was nothing new, all of us have heard about such people in the media field, it’s just shocking when it happens to you. Jignesh crossed all the bars when he went on boosting about his sex drive and how much research he has done on sex, and one can say he has done PhD in sex. And the final bar was broken into pieces when he said, “aapdi kundli bau male che, according to tari ne mari kundli apno ruhna no bandh che.” Which means; that our kundlis are similar and we have met coz we were destined to meet and we have lots of time to spend together. On that last note he used an additional line which cleared all my doubts about his intentions and his character. He said, “So hope to spend all the life with you.” I reacted, “what?” He changed the topic by saying I mean we shall be friends forever.
I couldn’t understand how to react and what to say. I felt like slapping him, but I dint have the guts to do that. I kept quite. I wanted to get rid of him asap, god heard my prayers and there was a knock at the door, it was rajendar, the assistant director of the show. He had come to call me as the shot was ready. I hurried and left with rajendar. Few days later I realised that all the girls know that jignesh is a chipku, our dress assistant had started to call him kaka and the creative head named him ladies tailor because of his flirtious trait. L.T as we call him, with or without love. One fine day the director suggested that all the girls should decide and call him kaka, and the idea was put into action and the plan was successful.
I started to ignore him, but he did not get my clues. One fine morning he said, “chal tane nashto karva lai jau”( come ill take you for breakfast). While saying this he caught my hand. I just felt like slapping him, this time I couldn’t control my anger and jerked his hand off and said, “I don’t go out with a kaka” and left with my nostrils up. Everyone enjoyed teasing him and gossiping about him. I didn’t coz I was the only one tortured everyday with his sex talks. I had to bare his calls and even smile when he starred at me. One fine day I decided to tell my creative head about it and the day arrived. It was ganesh visarjan, and I was travelling back to town in her car. I told her everything. She immediately called my E.P and narrated the whole scene. He was horrified that L.T talks like that to an artist, he was so pissed that shouted at me that why I did not tell him this before. He would have slapped him then and there. He said I shouldn’t bother and he will manage. Next day I called Jignesh to confirm my dates; his voice was low lacking confidence. I was happy, to hear that low tone. I am sure he got to know his bhavishyawani was wrong and there was no rhuna nu bandh and that we were definitely not even friends, so no question of friends forever....with all pride I must say, CHUTIYA JIGNESSSSSSSSSS

5 comments:

Unknown said...

vey very interesting....nd i will second u and say Chutiya Jignesh....do keep witing its a pleasure 2 read ur blog...

khushboo said...

thnx pooja

Am M said...

hi didnt read the story yet, but pls pls
use spaces well.
You need to have spaces at every 4 lines, otherwise it causes too much fatigue.

2ndly you need to break up your stor into multiple blog posts, it makes fr interesitng read, as the reader has to wait ofr the 2nd part to compete the story.

Am M said...

Im linking to your blog from mine! you can get readers from my blog to visit yours and they might give you good feedback.

khushboo said...

ill take care of tht hence frwd....thnks for ur advice